"Thank you for being so wonderful to me. . . . I think you have given me great motivation to make something out of myself. You have impacted me in such a positive way and I thank you so much." ANDY SWANSON
The Ideal Volunteer
- well-prepared with realistic expectations (not naive)
- flexible and resourceful; have a sense of humor
- team players and collegial (willing to teach and share)
- confident, yet humble
- organized and punctual, both in meeting deadlines before and during the trips
- mentally, emotionally, and relationally stable; not trying to "find themselves"
- able to respect boundaries
- culturally sensitive (e.g. historically, traditions, social and political climate, health care)
- gracious in receiving gifts from the hosts and patients
- bi- or multi-lingual, if possible
- experienced in international travel or working with foreign cultures
- good listeners (it takes 2-3 times the normal effort in a foreign country) and observant
- in good to excellent health and safety conscious
- Internet savvy, who can explore pertinent trip-related topics on their own
- and be able to process FTC-sent correspondences
How To Volunteer
The challenge of providing the best possible care and the most advanced medical technology to the world's needy looms larger than ever. Your support as a volunteer, aside from providing indescribable personal rewards, will help Face the Challenge further its mission of compassion and care around the world. There are two ways to volunteer:
If you are a medical professional and would like to volunteer your expertise, please fill out the Contact Form and we will get back to you.
Non-Medical Professional Volunteers We Need
For those of you who live in other regions, we trust you will be able to offer your services to someone near you.
Face the Challenge, Inc.
Face the Challenge (FTC) was founded by Randolph (Randy) C. Robinson, MD, DDS, cranio-maxillo-facial surgeon, and his wife, Ginger Holmes Robinson, BSN, RN (cardiac and critical care). Since the late 1970's, they shared a dream to offer their medical services to the world's needy.
16748 E. Smoky Hill Rd., Box 300